EACH BIRTHING PACK CONTAINS ALL YOU NEED DURING LABOUR AND BIRTH.
Birth Packs consist of the following:
– Pair of socks (your feet get cold during labour)
– Faceclothes x 2 (one for body, one for face)
– Mom and baby balm (for lips/nipples/baby’s bum)*
– Energy sweets (very helpful for giving you a boost during active labour)
– Stress pads x 2 (These are longer than other pads and great for use immediately after birth)
– Post-delivery pads x 12
– Disposable briefs x 3**
– Perineal cold pack x2 (for soothing relief and reduction of inflammation after birth or for use on your forehead during labour when you are feeling hot and sweaty.)
– Breastpads x 6 (your milk usually comes in around day three so in case you are still in hospital, these will help keep you dry and comfortable until you get home)
– Linen savers x 2 (some hospitals provide, others ask you to bring, and they are great to use at home too)
– Bath Sitz (a combination of salt and therapeutic herbs to add to your bath water after birth. Helps heal and soothe body and mind)
*This balm has been carefully selected for our birth packs as it comes in a super convenient little tin, is 100% natural and organic, and is great for use on mom or baby. It contains honey, calendula, beeswax and essential oils and is hydrating, protective and anti-inflammatory. Whether you choose to use it on dry/chapped lips, nipples or as a barrier bum balm on baby, it will moisturise, soothe and protect.